A few months ago, I blogged about these adorable Berry Sugar Cookies that I made as alast minute project change due to Hurricane Sandy.
I was supposed to make Strawberry Shortcake faces, but didn't have access to local stores to get supplies after the storm. So I shifted gears and made a strawberry instead.
Well, this time I didn't have any good excuse not to attempt Strawberry Shortcake herself.
And she turned out adorable, if I do say so myself!
Faces require a lot of patience and waiting while each section or layer dries. For these, I worked from the top to the bottom. I started with her hat, doing one section at a time, and then moved on to the face, neck, clothes, and arms. Next I piped on the facial features. The hair was the last major section to be filled in. Then I finished it off with all the details on the clothes and the outline accents on the hat, hair, and shirt.
Overall I was happy with the outcome, despite my attachment to the 80's version of Strawberry. Maybe one day, just for fun, I'll make vintage Strawberry Shortcake Cookies for my sister & me, for old times' sake.