Pages

Welcome to my Sweets Blog!

Welcome to my Sweets Blog!
I've been looking for a way to share my sweet creations with everyone, and I think I have found it--here is my sweets blog! As I experiment with delicious desserts & sweet treats, I will post pictures, recipes, and how-to tips & tricks. Hope you enjoy reading about my sweets as much I enjoy eating them!

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Strawberry Shortcake Sugar Cookies





A few months ago, I blogged about these adorable Berry Sugar Cookies that I made as alast minute project change due to Hurricane Sandy. 


I was supposed to make Strawberry Shortcake faces, but didn't have access to local stores to get supplies after the storm. So I shifted gears and made a strawberry instead. 

Well, this time I didn't have any good excuse not to attempt Strawberry Shortcake herself. 


And she turned out adorable, if I do say so myself! 



Faces require a lot of patience and waiting while each section or layer dries. For these, I worked from the top to the bottom. I started with her hat, doing one section at a time, and then moved on to the face, neck, clothes, and arms. Next I piped on the facial features. The hair was the last major section to be filled in. Then I finished it off with all the details on the clothes and the outline accents on the hat, hair, and shirt. 



























Overall I was happy with the outcome, despite my attachment to the 80's version of Strawberry. Maybe one day, just for fun, I'll make vintage Strawberry Shortcake Cookies for my sister & me, for old times' sake. 

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to invite you to join our site www.erecipe.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to eRecipe will too.
    By joining eRecipe, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it.
    Simply visit www.erecipe.com or contact me at michelle@erecipe.com. We look forward having you in our network!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It gave me great quinces, and the recipe that I am not happy, I am very grabs! thank you in advance
    I board a good recipe already dealt a site like this
    Recette cookies
    gateau au yaourt
    Recette crepe
    couscous marocain
    modele cuisine
    Recette couscous

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! If you stopped by, and liked what you saw, let me hear about it!