Pages

Welcome to my Sweets Blog!

Welcome to my Sweets Blog!
I've been looking for a way to share my sweet creations with everyone, and I think I have found it--here is my sweets blog! As I experiment with delicious desserts & sweet treats, I will post pictures, recipes, and how-to tips & tricks. Hope you enjoy reading about my sweets as much I enjoy eating them!

Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Ultimate Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies

This is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe in the world.

I know there are tons of recipes out there, but this is not an exaggeration. It's the absolute truth. 

Add M&Ms, and seriously, they are just the best cookie ever. 




You don't have to take my word for it, or that of all my family and friends. Just promise me you will make them for yourself and I guarantee you will agree with all of us.



As with most cookies, I have found the first trick is to start with cold butter. It helps prevent cookies from flattening out and spreading too much. 





Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and mix well until all of the butter and sugar have combined. 




Next add the eggs.




And the vanilla.




In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, salt, and baking soda.




Mix the dry ingredients well and then add a little at a time to the butter, sugar and egg mixture. 






Now it's time for the good stuff!




I actually like when the mixer breaks up some of the M&Ms and chocolate chips into smaller pieces, but if you want them all to stay whole, just mix them into the dough by hand.




Scoop out into even spoonfuls onto a prepared cookie sheet. I like to use my ice cream-style scoops from Pampered Chef {check them out here}. The large scoop is approximately 3 tablespoons and makes perfect large bakery-style cookies. For this batch I wanted smaller cookies for a fundraiser so I used the medium scoop which is about 2 tablespoons. 




Once the dough balls are all scooped out, I like to roll them around in the palms of my hands into smooth balls. You can moisten your hands slightly for this step as well. 




Now it's time to add the signature decorative M&Ms to the tops of the cookies. I like to load on as many M&Ms as can possibly fit on top of the dough ball. This batch was for a fundraiser so I used only blue and white M&Ms for the tops. This is a great way to customize and personalize these cookies for holidays and events.  




Bake to perfection for about 15 minutes, until the sides are golden brown, at 375˚F.



I like to eat them warm, and I usually get the luxury of having one or two fresh out of the oven. Oh, the perks of being the baker. 

The Recipe  

1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups flour 
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
M&M's 
 
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat. 
2. Cream butter and sugars.
3. Add eggs & vanilla and mix well.
4. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture a little at a time, mixing well and scraping the bowl between each addition.
6. Add the chocolate chips and M&Ms and mix.
7. Scoop onto prepared cookie sheet in 2-3 tablespoon dough balls.
8. Roll dough balls between hands to form smooth balls. Moisten hands to do this if needed. 
9. Add 5-6 more M&Ms to the top of each dough ball.
10. Bake for 12-16 minutes.
11. Let cool for a few minutes. 

Yields approximately 18-24 cookies. 

My suggestion would be to eat them while they are warm. I've been told by their biggest fan that 18-20 seconds in the microwave warms them to perfection as well. 































No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! If you stopped by, and liked what you saw, let me hear about it!