Pages

Welcome to my Sweets Blog!

Welcome to my Sweets Blog!
I've been looking for a way to share my sweet creations with everyone, and I think I have found it--here is my sweets blog! As I experiment with delicious desserts & sweet treats, I will post pictures, recipes, and how-to tips & tricks. Hope you enjoy reading about my sweets as much I enjoy eating them!

Monday, November 26, 2012

Turkey-shaped Pumpkin-flavored Cake Pops


These cake pops were a big hit at both Thanksgiving celebrations that I went to this year. The full name, I suppose, should be M&M and Milk Chocolate Covered Turkey Pumpkin Bread and Cream Cheese Frosting Cake Pops. But that’s just silly. 


The cake balls were made by mixing Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Bread Mix (made as directed on the package) and Bakerella’s Cream Cheese Frosting. If you are new to cake balls and cake pops, you have to read all about them at Bakerella’s website. Your life will change, I promise. 

I have a few detailed tutorials on cake pops and cake balls here and here. Check them out for more details and pictures of the cake pop making process. There's so many directions you can take when making cake pops. Their versatility is what makes them so wonderful. Oh and also their amazing taste and texture. 



For these pumpkin-flavored turkey-shaped pops, I kept them inverted since I knew I’d be adding some extra weight with the M&Ms. I didnt want them to be top heavy on the pop sticks. 




The next part had to be done a little quickly. Once the pop sticks were set, I dipped the cake pop into the melted chocolate and place it on parchment paper. Working quickly before the chocolate coating set, I stuck the fall colored M&Ms into the chocolate to make a turkey! I used brown for the head and red, yellow, & orange for the feathers.  





At first I wasn't sure how the chocolate coating and M&Ms would taste with the pumpkin bread and cream cheese frosting. But wow. The first few bites are the sweet and familiar flavor of milk chocolate, and then in the next bites the soft, creamy middle hits you with the classic flavors of fall.  I must confess I also saw one or two grown men eat these in one bite, but I'm sure the flavors combine the same way whether it's in one bite or two or three! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! If you stopped by, and liked what you saw, let me hear about it!