Pages

Welcome to my Sweets Blog!

Welcome to my Sweets Blog!
I've been looking for a way to share my sweet creations with everyone, and I think I have found it--here is my sweets blog! As I experiment with delicious desserts & sweet treats, I will post pictures, recipes, and how-to tips & tricks. Hope you enjoy reading about my sweets as much I enjoy eating them!

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Turkey Cookies

Happy Thanksgiving! 

Here's a quick update on last year's Thanksgiving Turkey Cookies {check out a more detailed step-by-step here}. These begin the same way, using my eight-pedal flower cutter. After the cookies are baked and cooled, the body and face are piped on with brown royal icing. Some of them are extra fat so I would have room to personalize them with names. 



The main variation I made this year on the turkeys is that I kept the base of the 'feathers' ivory, and outlined the feathers in red, orange, and yellow. Last year's turkeys had each feather filled in with the same colors. 


Once the ivory base was dry, it was time for the colors and details!


The ivory just classes them up a bit, I think. 


And here are a few more from this year's Thanksgiving batch. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! If you stopped by, and liked what you saw, let me hear about it!