Pages

Welcome to my Sweets Blog!

Welcome to my Sweets Blog!
I've been looking for a way to share my sweet creations with everyone, and I think I have found it--here is my sweets blog! As I experiment with delicious desserts & sweet treats, I will post pictures, recipes, and how-to tips & tricks. Hope you enjoy reading about my sweets as much I enjoy eating them!

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thank a Veteran Today (with Cookies)


On this Veteran’s Day, make sure all the vets in your life know how thankful you are for their service.

I like to thank my favorite veteran with love, support, and lots of cookies.

Cookie-blogger-extraordinaire, Sweet Sugarbelle, posted a fabulous tutorial on creating camouflage on cookies with royal icing. This is the method I use and the camo effect comes out perfect! Check out her blog post {here}.  

The trick is to work on one cookie at a time, adding small squiggly shapes in each color and letting each color flow into the others, so the icing surface stays nice and flat. 




These were made a few months ago for my boyfriend who was injured on the job during annual training. 




What type of injury, you ask? 




That’s right, my boyfriend got struck by lightning. 

I can officially say it (or type it) now without my blood pressure rising to unsafe levels. Its a true story. The good news is that the worst of the injuries was a broken ankle. The bad news is, guess whose boyfriend got the broken ankle. 

And now, Hurricane Sandy has him, and many others of course, working around the clock here in NJ. These camo and red white & blue cookies were part of a cookie care package I delivered yesterday. It’s a cookie-girl’s way of saying thank you and showing my love and support.  
     




A warm and heartfelt thank you to all those brave and selfless men and women who serve and protect our country. On Veterans Day, and every day, we salute you. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! If you stopped by, and liked what you saw, let me hear about it!