Pages

Welcome to my Sweets Blog!

Welcome to my Sweets Blog!
I've been looking for a way to share my sweet creations with everyone, and I think I have found it--here is my sweets blog! As I experiment with delicious desserts & sweet treats, I will post pictures, recipes, and how-to tips & tricks. Hope you enjoy reading about my sweets as much I enjoy eating them!

Sunday, April 1, 2012

London Phone Box Sugar Cookie Favors


Brianna went to London, but she didn’t go to France, so we all bought her some underpants…

These British phone boxes were made for my dear friend Brianna’s bridal shower. It was a London-themed party, and the bridal party set up a “panty line” wishing well. It was a beautiful shower for a beautiful bride-to-be!









The shower was held at the Nyack Seaport, chosen partially because of the phone box outside! Of course, the food and ambiance was amazing, but the phone box was the clincher. If you are local to the Nyack area or North Jersey, definitely check it out!


What a beautiful bridal party!!

OK, back to the cookies. I used my Sugar Cookie and Royal Icing recipes that you can find by clicking on the Recipes tab above or by clicking here.

Since the phone box is traditionally red, I pulled out the Wilton Color Mist food color spray in red, to avoid the yucky taste from red food coloring. They needed a lot of coats and I needed 5 cans for the whole project, but it was worth it not to have the bad red food coloring flavor.  



Some of the cookie surfaces came out splotchy, but once I piped on the rest of the details, the uneven-ness of the red color mist was no longer noticeable.  I used red food coloring to tint the royal icing on the detail outlines, since they were thin lines. And I used my favorite new tool, the edible food pen, to draw the crown and write the bride's name at the top. 



The mother-of-the-bride put together the rest of the favor, with a tea cup and a bag of English Breakfast tea, and a cute tag that says, “Love is Brewing!” By the way, the tags, along with all of the invitations, save-the-dates, and wedding-related stationary were made by the bride’s cousin, who has a custom stationary company, Cam Turner Couture Stationary Design. Take a look at her site, her work is beautiful!






Everyone did a wonderful job putting together this bridal shower for Brianna, and all of the guests had a great time.

Looking forward to a fabulous wedding for one of the most deserving couples I know! Congratulations Bri!! 


3 comments:

  1. I loved them! Great tip about spraying the cookies instead of covering with royal icing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get your cookie cutter

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! If you stopped by, and liked what you saw, let me hear about it!