Pages

Welcome to my Sweets Blog!

Welcome to my Sweets Blog!
I've been looking for a way to share my sweet creations with everyone, and I think I have found it--here is my sweets blog! As I experiment with delicious desserts & sweet treats, I will post pictures, recipes, and how-to tips & tricks. Hope you enjoy reading about my sweets as much I enjoy eating them!

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Elephant Baby Shower Cookies and Centerpiece



I got the idea for this baby elephant sugar cookie from Sweetopia's Elephant Baby Shower Cookies. {Click here for her original post!} I just fell in love, and had to re-create them. 




Originally, I was going to make cake balls for this baby shower, and so I came up with the idea to display them on table centerpieces (styrofoam blocks made to look like baby blocks). Then, we switched gears and decided to go with baby elephant cookies. So I made them into cookie pops, and kept the centerpiece idea! Click here for some tips on making cookie pops! 

I must admit I really love paper-crafting (almost as much as baking & decorating cookies) so I had tons of fun covering the foam blocks with card stock and ribbon in pastel colors. I didn't exactly iron out my method until I was about halfway through the project, so I don't have a step-by-step tutorial to share. Next time I make these, I will be more diligent about taking pictures of the process! 

3 comments:

  1. Hi , I love the blocks and im trying to recreate this for my baby shower. I was wondering did you use regular glue for the paper ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These elephant cookies are best for centerpiece.I want these types of centerpiece for my sister's shower.Winnie the pooh baby shower

    ReplyDelete
  3. The elephant cookies look so sweet and delicious. And they also make great baby shower decorating ideas for boys. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! If you stopped by, and liked what you saw, let me hear about it!