Pages

Welcome to my Sweets Blog!

Welcome to my Sweets Blog!
I've been looking for a way to share my sweet creations with everyone, and I think I have found it--here is my sweets blog! As I experiment with delicious desserts & sweet treats, I will post pictures, recipes, and how-to tips & tricks. Hope you enjoy reading about my sweets as much I enjoy eating them!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentines Day Sugar Cookies

Happy Valentine's Day!

I had fun making cookies for this holiday with some Valentine's themed sprinkles, hearts, squares, marbling, and cutouts...




I also played around with the ombré look on these hearts...




These were made with colored icing, but each color has clear sanding sugar on it. I wanted the icing color to come through, rather than using colored sanding sugar. I am so happy with the final look! To make sure the colors didn't bleed into each other, I outlined, filled, and sugared each color one at a time, starting with the white. I gave each color about 30 minutes to set before adding the next color.  






I am in LOVE with the next set. They are full of lace, embroidery, quilting, and lots of dainty details. This set was a gift, displaying names of the birthday girl's loved ones. (Family, friends, and pets!) By the way, this batch was gluten-free! I found an amazing all-purpose gluten-free flour, by Gluten-Free Pantry, at Whole Foods, that I am able to use in my Sugar Cookie recipe with making any other adjustments!! I've also seen it sold on Amazon.com. 

















Any holiday that's is all about sweet treats can't be all that bad! Here's hoping you all have something sweet to enjoy on Valentine's Day, and maybe even someone sweet to enjoy it with! 


xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Hello ! New reader here :) Suprised by the less comments you have. I follow a lot of cookie/cake blogs so I visit them all when I have a few hours sparetime ;) But I will visit yours.
    I love those lace cookies, that probably was a lot of work! But they look amazing.

    Much love, keep on baking
    Paulien

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfection! I loved your blog, your way of presenting the recipe is wonderful! Congratulations! I'll keep going ... kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful!!!! i can't believe you made a lace design!!! gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! If you stopped by, and liked what you saw, let me hear about it!