Pages

Welcome to my Sweets Blog!

Welcome to my Sweets Blog!
I've been looking for a way to share my sweet creations with everyone, and I think I have found it--here is my sweets blog! As I experiment with delicious desserts & sweet treats, I will post pictures, recipes, and how-to tips & tricks. Hope you enjoy reading about my sweets as much I enjoy eating them!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Princess Tiaras & Prince Crown Sugar Cookies





These Princess Tiara & Prince Crown Sugar Cookies were made for the first birthday party of a twin boy and girl. They are both decorated with royal icing, and have a light sheen from pearl luster dust. 




My biggest challenge with this project was how to make the prince crowns not look too girly... 




I think they turned out great! I love the contrast between the blue and yellow. 




All of the kiddies who came to the party got a cookie favor!




And I always make extra to be on the safe side {confession: I mess up a lot, I just don't take pictures of the mess-ups!} ... so this time the extras became Happy Birthday cookies! 



3 comments:

  1. Love the prince crowns!!! Crowns for boys are always a dilemma aren't they? I hit just the right note of cuteness without being girly! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you give the recipe for these cookies and the frosting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW, my reply feature FINALLY works... many apologies for the delay in my response! Yes, you can find my recipes here, http://dianasdreamsweets.blogspot.com/p/recipes.html. Happy baking!

      Delete

I love to read your comments! If you stopped by, and liked what you saw, let me hear about it!