Pages

Welcome to my Sweets Blog!

Welcome to my Sweets Blog!
I've been looking for a way to share my sweet creations with everyone, and I think I have found it--here is my sweets blog! As I experiment with delicious desserts & sweet treats, I will post pictures, recipes, and how-to tips & tricks. Hope you enjoy reading about my sweets as much I enjoy eating them!

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Winter Hats, Mittens & Snowflake Sugar Cookies


 Winter is here!


When I was out stocking up on supplies for Christmas cookie decorating, I found this adorable winter sprinkle set, with non-traditional Christmas colors: blue, purple, & white with white snowflakes. I also had some leftover green royal icing {from a project which you will see featured in an upcoming post} that I was eager to use up. Typically I find royal icing will keep for about a week, as long as you stir it up before re-using it. I store it in an airtight container in the fridge, but technically it won't go bad if you don't refrigerate it. Anyway, I thought the blue & purple sprinkles accented the green icing nicely and would be perfect for this project!

These Winter Hats, Mittens & Snowflake Sugar Cookies were a 'hump-day' treat for some of my colleagues who have had a somewhat chaotic week so far. I think the cookies really brightened their day!




Believe it or not, the winter hat cookie cutter is my Santa hat cutter, reshaped! Generally I love the plastic cookie cutters because I can throw them in the top rack of the dishwasher and they are really durable and won't rust. However, the metal ones that maybe seem a little flimsy and cheap at first, are so versatile because they are totally moldable and reshapable! And the best part is, the changes are not permanent! You can mold it right back into your original shape once your project is completed.

Here's the before and after:


All I did was pull it apart slightly on the sides, push down on the top, and round it out a bit. I was so happy with the results!!


And don't forget about the Mittens...


and Snowflakes!


Lot's more Christmas and Winter cookies to come, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! If you stopped by, and liked what you saw, let me hear about it!