Pages

Welcome to my Sweets Blog!

Welcome to my Sweets Blog!
I've been looking for a way to share my sweet creations with everyone, and I think I have found it--here is my sweets blog! As I experiment with delicious desserts & sweet treats, I will post pictures, recipes, and how-to tips & tricks. Hope you enjoy reading about my sweets as much I enjoy eating them!

Friday, November 4, 2011

Clearance Cookie Cutters on Frugal Friday

A fun Frugal Friday tip for my fellow bakers and bloggers. Hurry up...get to the craft stores to pick up some Halloween & Fall cookie cutters now, while they are on crazy clearance sales!

I got a bucket of Halloween Cookie Cutters at Michael's yesterday. They were at the bottom of a small but packed shelf full of Halloween crafting and costume leftovers. Just days after Halloween, the entire store is already decked out in Christmas crafting and decorating supplies. (Should I really have been surprised by now? Stores around here have been doing this before Halloween for years now. Remember when the holiday season started after Thanksgiving? Not anymore.) Anyway, I was a happy girl, because all the Fall & Halloween stuff was 75% off! 

This entire set was a whopping $2.49!!!! 


This set came with 10 different shapes, with two sizes each, for a total of 20 cutters!! Clockwise from the bottom left it comes with:  coffin/gravestones, haunted houses, candy corns, pumpkins, bats, witch's boots, cat faces, ghosts, skulls (which I originally thought were a potion bottle, which is why you see it this way in the picture, hehe), and witch's hats.  



Next year's Halloween Cookies will be so much fun!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for pointing this out. I was actually at Michael's yesterday to get a picture frame and picked up the cookie cutters. You can't beat the price. Now I'm all set for next Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! If you stopped by, and liked what you saw, let me hear about it!