Pages

Welcome to my Sweets Blog!

Welcome to my Sweets Blog!
I've been looking for a way to share my sweet creations with everyone, and I think I have found it--here is my sweets blog! As I experiment with delicious desserts & sweet treats, I will post pictures, recipes, and how-to tips & tricks. Hope you enjoy reading about my sweets as much I enjoy eating them!

Monday, October 31, 2011

Octsnowber!

Happy Octsnowber! Merry Halloween! 


It snowed here in Jersey this past Halloween weekend! 



If you are reading this from someplace where snow on Halloween is not surprising, please, indulge me for a few minutes. In Jersey, this is just not normal. 

The entire Northeast was hit by a very untimely nor'easter two days before Halloween, leaving thousands without power & heat from heavy snow & leaf covered tree branches taking down power lines all over the place.  I feel very fortunate to have only lost power in my home for about 18 hours on Saturday evening through Sunday morning, during most of which I was out celebrating the holiday at a costume party anyway! So I was able to spend the rest of the weekend finishing cookies which I will show off in an upcoming post. From that project, I had some leftover sugar cookie dough & royal icing... I couldn't resist documenting this crazy weather weekend with cookies. I'm obsessed, I know...this post proves that cookies have taken over my life. 


I had enough dough to make a few mini snowflakes!

                  Outline.                                      Fill.                                And pipe details!

And I arranged them with some fall leaves and acorns...


This is just too funny...

Someone is not happy to see snowflakes in his pumpkin patch!

I hope everyone stays safe and warm & that all the kiddies get to do some trick-or-treating today, despite the strange circumstances mother nature has given us this Halloween! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! If you stopped by, and liked what you saw, let me hear about it!